Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dreams and schemes and circus crowds

Okay so this is totally a pipedream. But that's how good times start sometimes, right? So I'm asking for input from y'all on this idea I've been formulating for a bit now. It has the potential to take no shape at all, and it has the potential to become reality... so we'll see what happens =0)

I know some of us have more intense jobs than others and that this is not necessarily feasible for everyone. But I've been thinking: I want to find a group of people who are willing to meet up at the beginning of the summer (June-ish?) and just jam, jam, jam, really start gelling together and creating some beautiful music. Then when we feel ready, our little impromptu jam band goes on a roadtrip of sorts, just playing little local gigs, and/or just playing in the park or on the sidewalk, or trying to set up a few actual gigs through any connections we may have already. This is what I daydream about sometimes. So I wanted to share the idea with all you musical adventurers and see if anyone has similar daydreams. Beautiful music with beautiful people in beautiful places, okay maybe i'm waxing poetic to the point of utter cheesiness but i just want to make sure y'all catch my drift here. So let me know your thoughts =0) I love you all, happy holidays.

1 comment:

Anna Wei said...

I day dream about this idea too but alas, I have other commitments but I still want to jam with you...I'm not sure about the whole road traveling part since I have to stay put near the farm in June (that's when it really starts getting busy). But you're up for traveling around New England and jamming when I'm not in the fields, let's go!
love love
buttmunch