Wednesday, January 18, 2012

i was driving the other day, listening to tchaikovsky's violin concerto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATK_pj2iMqg)
and as soon as the violin solo started playing
i had a very strange reaction
i felt very overwhelmed
like i knew how powerful this sound was
and i couldn't do anything about it
(it is going to go on; it is its own being)
this feeling manifested itself as follows:
my fingers needed to be tight, as if trying to create a void
but the wheel was on the way
it was as if i was trying to get rid of this overwhelming feeling
so my arms tightened, my grip tightened around the wheel
and i was pushing my body with my arms away from the wheel
and i closed my eyes
until i could breathe again
(once the violin could breathe as well)
and i kept driving
but my fingers were dancing on my leg, on the wheel, on my face
and when i got to the place i was going
and the music stopped
i sat back and let my body melt with the silence for a while

No comments: